For many homeowners in Hawaii, keeping up with mortgage payments can be challenging, especially during times of financial hardship. Fortunately, there are mortgage relief options available to help ease the burden. In this blog post, we’ll discuss mortgage relief options for homeowners in Hawaii, including helpful government links to mortgage relief programs, how to apply for them, and tips. We’ll also talk about the consequences of foreclosure.
Mortgage Relief Options
If you’re struggling to make mortgage payments in Hawaii, there are several mortgage relief options available to you:
- Loan Modification: A loan modification is a change to the terms of your existing mortgage loan. This can include a reduction in interest rates, a change in the loan’s term, or a reduction in the monthly payment.
- Forbearance: Forbearance is a temporary pause in mortgage payments. This can provide you with temporary relief from mortgage payments while you get back on your feet financially.
- Refinancing: Refinancing your mortgage can help you lower your interest rate, reduce your monthly payment, or change the term of your loan.
- Hardest Hit Fund: The Hardest Hit Fund is a program designed to help homeowners who are struggling to make mortgage payments due to unemployment, underemployment, or a medical condition.
If you’re a homeowner in Hawaii struggling to make mortgage payments, there are several government links that you may find helpful:
- Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation: https://dbedt.hawaii.gov/hhfdc/homeowners/mortgage-assistance/
- Hawaii HomeOwnership Center: https://www.hihomeownership.org/mortgage-relief
- Making Home Affordable: https://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/
How to Apply for Mortgage Relief
To apply for mortgage relief in Hawaii, you should contact your lender or a housing counselor. A housing counselor can help you understand your options and guide you through the application process.
If you’re struggling to make mortgage payments in Hawaii, here are some tips to help you:
- Contact your lender as soon as possible: The sooner you contact your lender, the more options you will have available to you.
- Understand your options: Take the time to research and understand the different mortgage relief options available to you.
- Be prepared to provide documentation: To apply for mortgage relief, you will need to provide documentation of your financial situation.
Consequences of Foreclosure
If you’re unable to make mortgage payments and foreclosure occurs, there can be serious consequences, including damage to your credit score and the loss of your home. It’s important to explore mortgage relief options before foreclosure occurs.
Favor Home Solutions’ Save My Credit Program Can Help
At Favor Home Solutions, we want to help you protect your credit with a quick and easy solution! Our ‘Save My Credit’ Program takes over your mortgage payments so you can avoid foreclosure showing up on your credit report or listing your home for sale; we’ve got you covered! No fees, no gimmicks, or obligations when you give us a call. Contact us today!